I decided to do my first tutorial on Fabric Applique Baby Onesies. Obviously you don't have to just use this for onesies. You could do dish towels, pillow cases, burp cloths, ect. ect. I've just been making my little munchkin a lot of shirts lately. These also make great & easy baby shower gifts that people will love!
You Will Need
Fusible Webbing (I like one that has a double sided temporary adhesive)
Fusible Fabric Stabilizer
1. Trace pattern on to fusible webbing & Cut out
2. Peel paper backing off one side of fuser, stick to back side of fabric, and cut out
3. Peel paper backing off remaining side, stick to onesie, and iron on
4. Stitch around pattern and add whatever embellishment you would like. About 50% of the time I use a basic back stitch. If the shape is big and simple (example: a star) I will use a more intricate stitch. Primrose Design is a fantastic blog that has a "Stitch School". That is where I go to learn all of my embroidery.
5. I like to use a fuser made of a nice soft fabric on the inside of the onesie to hold down and secure all of my knots.
10. You're Done! Put on your baby cakes and enjoy!
*NOTE* I always wash, dry, and press my fabric and onesies before working with them to avoid shrinking and puckering.
So do you like to win free stuff?!!? Well I'm going to give one of these lovelies away! Just leave me a comment letting me know if you would like to win a girl, boy, or gender neutral onesie, and link to this post so that more people can have the opportunity to win! You have until Friday August 22. The winner will be announced the following Monday. Girls will win this Cherry Blossom onesie, boys a Jolly Roger, and neutral will get a star! Don't forget to leave your name!