9.11.2008

King's Hawaiian Rolls

My friend Stephanie clued me in on a really easy really yummy dinner. Making sandwiches out of King's Hawaiian Rolls. You get the really big round roll, meat and cheese. Cut the top off the roll layer on the meat and cheese, stick it in the oven for 10-15 minutes and you have a warm gooey tasty big sandwich. Slice it up and serve. We've made a couple of variations on this and have really liked both. We've made it with ham, swiss, and honey butter. And we've also tried roast beef, provolone, and green chili mayo. Both delicious. I love having a few good really fast meal options in my recipe book. And I am always looking for more. What are some of your family favorites? I'm talking fast though 30 minutes or less. 7 ingredients or less.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I have a recipe for some really easy crock pot creamy mexican type chicken. Prep is less that 30 mins, but you do have to let it cook for a few hours. You'll need:

2-4 chicken breasts
1 cup salsa
1 cup chicken broth
1 packet taco seasoning mix
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1/2 cup chedder cheese
1/2 cup sour cream

Place chicken in greased crock pot. Pour salsa, chicken broth, taco seasoning, corn, and beans over chicken. Cook on high 3-4 hours or on low 6-8 hours. Remove or shred chicken. Mix cheese and sour cream into sauce. Serve with warm tortillas and spanish rice if desired.

*I made it without the sour cream because I didn't have any and it was still really good! It only lasted 2 days and there are only 2 of us!

We also have a good recipe for cafe rio type pulled pork with an oh-so-tasty tomatillo dressing. We eat that at least once a month. Check your email...I sent you the recipie book our ward put together. It's got some really great stuff.

Amanda said...

Another idea with the hawaiian bread is to make french toast with it! Yummy!

Mandy said...

I do like the french toast thing! We have done that recently. Try getting spinach tortilla's with ranch dressing and dijon mustard mixed as the sauce. Then putting whatever toppings you want for your wrap. I like banana peppers, spinach, tomato, cheese, ham, cucumbers if I have them, & GUACAMOLE!!! YUM.